Online Texas Hold’em rules and tips for players
Online Texas Hold’em is a more than popular poker game that attracts thousands of players all over the world. It’s very engaging and it allows you to earn quick money just in a few minutes. Moreover, there is always interaction with other players, which makes it all even more fun.
This guide is aimed to explain you the basic game rules, so that you can play Texas Hold’em online free. It’ll also give you a few tips on winning strategies.
Online Texas Hold’em rules for beginners
The game is played using 52-card deck. Up to 10 players may participate. It is divided into several rounds:
- Blinds. In online Texas Hold’em it means making bets before cards are dealt. The participant situated to the left from the dealer makes a Small Blind wager, while the next one makes a Big Blind one. The round ends when all the players have equal bets in the pot.
- Pre-flop. The participants get 2 hole cards. On this basis they make decisions whether to raise, call or fold.
- Flop. At this stage 3 community cards are dealt. Then the players may call/check, fold or raise. The possible amount of money to increase your wager depends on poker type (Limited or Unlimited).
- Turn. This round is also called the fourth street. On this stage the 4th community card is dealt. Again a betting session begins, now with doubled wagers if you raise.
- River. The last community card is dealt. Wagering is the same as in the previous round of online Texas Hold’em.
- Showdown. In the last round players reveal their hole cards to see who has the best 5-card combination. All the community cards and 2 hole cards can be used to get the best result possible.
Where to play online Texas Hold’em?
You’ll have to find a good poker room to play Ultimate Texas Hold’em online. Make sure the website is trustworthy and the fair play terms and conditions are met. A good room will also offer various online Texas Hold’em poker tournaments and the ability to play using iOS or Android apps.
You’ll find them in App Store and Google Play. You can also try Texas Hold’em online for real money. This will allow you to make dollar bets and get prizes in real currency.
How to get a win
When the showdown comes, it all depends on the combination you have. Here are the of possible options from the highest one to the lowest:
- Royal Flush;
- Straight Flush;
- Four of a Kind;
- Full House;
- Three of a Kind;
- Two Pair;
- One Pair;
- High Card.
Note that a good combination is not the only way to win. The final result of the game also depends on your skills, self-control, the ability to bluff and to analyze the competitor’s behavior. This way you can win without showdown, cause your rivals will fold before it happens.